Friday, June 25, 2010

More of Julie: Before & After

This is just a peak of the wonders of photoshop. Sometimes images are so much better with just a little editing and the really pretty natural look, but I also think it is so fun sometimes to go all out with the editing :) It's fun every once in awhile to give it a really dreamy bright look, that's deeply saturated. So here are two before and after photos of Julie.

julieb4&after

I own a lot of actions (or for those of you not familiar with photoshop terms, they are like editing "recipes" that others have created.) Although for the photo edited above I didn't use any actions. I boosted the saturation, did some major color balance adjustments, and burning and dodging.

julieb4&after2
This one I did the same and then added texture

PS :) I remember when I first got into photoshop and had no idea what I was doing, if any of you are trying to learn it and feeling the same the two best things that you can learn about are masks and layers (there are tons of good youtube tutorials on them) and also always check your white balance, I think when I learned about that my photos started looking a whole lot better.

NOTE: I'M NOT SAYING MY EDITING IS PERFECT THERE IS ALWAYS MORE TO LEARN! BUT I MAINLY JUST WANTED TO DO THIS POST FOR ANYONE WHO IS TRYING TO GET INTO PHOTOSHOP. HOPE IT HELPS:)

No comments:

Post a Comment